Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Packing Packing Packing!

In two days time I will be in Spain! Where has the time gone? I have exactly 26 hours before I have to get on a train to Belfast to stay with my uncle for a night before heading off for the airport at around 6:45am the next morning. The waves of panic are well and truly here.

First of all, the last time I wrote in this blog I had heard nothing back from my school.....Well two days later I plucked up the courage to call and had a lovely (if somewhat highly liguistically challenged) conversation with my 'responsable'- that's the person who's in charge of my role at the school, and to an extent my well being outside it. She's been very helpful ever since and is picking me up at the bus station in Almería to take me to my hostel!

On Saturday I celebrated my 21st birthday and leaving party and last night I had a small leaving get together at my work. It's been an emotionally and alcoholically charged week to say the very least.

Luckily this is not me. 
So it's actually rather nice to be kept busy with a spot of packing! I've been searching the internet constantly for packing list ideas and so I thought I'd add my own to the Google whirlpool.

I'm lucky in the fact that my mum is bringing over a second suitcase with extras after a few weeks but whatever I've put in my main cases are the things I could happily live on even without the extra luggage.



Handbag


  • Essentials: Keys, Mobile, Ipod, Boarding Pass, Passport, Hostel reservation, Purse, Contact lenses.
  • Make up bag: Foundation, eye liner, mascara, lip balm, compact mirror.
  • Extras: Make up wipes, sweets, book, notebook, travel diary, pen, travel sickness tablets, sunglasses, painkillers, hairbrush.

Hand luggage (handbag must be able to fit INSIDE hand luggage) 

  • Equipment: Laptop, DSLR camera, External DVD drive, small digital camera, Harddrive.
  • Bag of chargers. Keep all chargers in one zipped bag and they're easier to find: Ipod, Phone, Laptop, Camera, Ipod adapter. 
  • Extras: Diary planner, Adapter plug, deodorant, Spanish diary, folder of essential documents.
  • Change of clothes- both for when you get there AND for if your bag is lost. In my case- a summer dress, one change of underwear, a change of top and a pair of leggings. Toothbrush, Toothpaste. Travel towel.

Main Bag

Clothes
  • Jeans
  • Shorts x2
  • Dresses x2
  • Tops x8
  • Jogging bottoms x2
  • Leggings x2
  • Tights x3
  • Socks x8
  • Underwear- enough for a full week.
  • Trainers
  • Pumps x2
  • Running shoes 
  • Sports bra
  • Belt/
  • Swimsuit/bikini
  • Hoody
  • Jacket x2
  • Cardigan x2
  • Hat x2
  • Scarf x2
  • Skirts x2
  • Heels
  • Boots
  • PJ's
Toiletries
  • Make up bag: Eyeliner, Liquid liner, Eye shadow, Nail varnish, Nail clippers.
  • Bathroom bag: Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Nail varnish remover, Moisturiser, Floss, Razor, Sanitary towels, Tissues, Suncream, Extra contact lenses + fluid. Cotton Buds. Comb. Hand sanitizer, Tweezers. Hair bobbles, Hand bands.
First Aid Kit
  • I always bring a first aid kit anywhere just with little essentials and fill it up with anything else I have room for. I take all the pills out of their packets and if I need to keep the info slip I wrap it around the tablets and attach with an elastic band. 
  • Plasters, Paracetamol, Antiseptic wipes, Blister pads, Indigestion pills. Contraception Pills, Panty liners, Bandage.
  • I've also had room to put: Batteries and eye drops. 
And the rest...
  • Photocopies of all documentation
  • Good luck cards
  • Teaching materials
  • Grammar books
  • Travel Guide
  • Straighteners
  • Hair dryer
  • Jewellery/earrings
  • Ipod Speakers
  • Teabags
  • Knife and Fork
  • Handbag x2
  • Backpack
  • Photos
  • Blue tack + glue
  • Year Abroad study booklet
That's about the height of it! Ok looking at that list has scared me into action, let's do this :) 

Hasta la vista!

xx 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment